Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow!

"Hear Ye Hear Ye

On Gobbler's Knob this glorious Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2009
Punxsutawney Phil, Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators
Awoke to the call of President Bill Cooper
And greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths
After casting a joyful eye towards thousands of his faithful followers,
Phil proclaimed that his beloved Pittsburgh Steelers were World Champions one more time And a bright sky above me Showed my shadow beside me.

So 6 more weeks of winter it will be." Taken from

http://www.punxsutawneyphil.com/

and the history is here

http://www.punxsyhistory.org/history.shtml#Groundhog%20Day



So Spring will be here this time next month - Lets hope March isn't In like a Lion out like a Lamb - today we have a tornado warning - it is so weird where I am right now the sky is blue and sun is shinning but I can see in the distance these MASSIVE white/grey/black clouds that looks so angry and that is where the tornado warnings are - we are under a tornado watch.

Talking about Punxitawny Phil - I told my mother the whole story about ground hog day etc etc - and those of you who knew her will giggle at this - for those of you that don't - my mom was a character 2nd to none - she called a spade a spade and wasn't afraid of anything! Anyway I was telling her the whole story about how groundhog day is a huge thing and they have marching bands and the mayor and everyone attends to see if this groundhog sees his shadow or not and if he does it means that there will be 6 more weeks of winter and if not that Spring is around the corner - its a tradition in PA anyway I was telling my mother all this and she was listening with such enthusiasm and then after if all she says mmmmm now that is the biggest load of shit I have ever heard hahahaahahahahah

I got this in an email recently and although I have sent it out to most of my buddies I really think its funny and you may enjoy it and have a good laugh - so here it is...

True Story apparently!

A city councilman in Utah , Mark Easton, had a beautiful view of the east mountains, until a new neighbor purchased the lot below his house and built a new home.

The new home was 18 inches higher than the ordinances would allow, so Mark Easton, mad about his lost view, went to the city to make sure they enforced the lower roof line ordinance.

The new neighbor had to drop the roof line, at great expense !!!!

Recently, Mark Easton called the city, and informed them that his new neighbor had installed some vents on the side of his home..

Mark didn't like the look of these vents and asked the city to investigate.

When they went to Mark's home to see what the vents looked like, this is what they found...





Now that's what you call revenge hahahahaa and quite honestly serves the council man right - just because you can doesnt mean you should!

Well you can stick a fork in me because I am DONE - I know I need to blog more and more - I will other than that if I don't see you through the week I will see you through the window cheers chinas

4 comments:

Spear The Almighty said...

Lol! I think it is brilliant!

Jayne said...

That's bloody classic skattie!

My mum & dad live on a quiet little dorpie straat in Port Alfred & their opposite neightbour has been nicknamed 'Info' cos the nosy bugger likes to know EVERYONES business. This oke complains about anything & everything to such an extent that people at the municipality/post office/supermarket just run for cover when he enters. Mum was telling me just recently Info was gaaning on en on en on to the municipality about a tree that was blocking out light from the street lamp. The relevent maintenance team pitched up & started lopping off what they peceived to be the 'offending' branches. Info went out to them & hollered & screamed so much about them cutting the wrong branches/doing it the wrong way etc etc that the workers got the chainsaw out & cut the bloody tree down to the ground! Mum's other neighbour came out to see what all the fuss was about & hosed himself with laughter cos one of the workers was so dikbek he shouted "die oomie is fokkin mal jy weet en ek is nou gatvol!"
Info is now in the dogbox with the neighbours!!

Anonymous said...

Funny!

I wouldn't want a window that shape, but I must say he really is sticking it to the man..!

Moonie said...

LOL Spear that's exactly what I thought when I saw it hahahaha - thx for the comment btw

Jayne that's so funny hahahaha I just love stories like that you know, so colourful. Thank goodness it takes all kinds to make up a world huh!

LOL Raven - you are so right - what an eye sore that window is! I wouldn't want it either. But I am sure the VIP (My mom used to say VIP stood for Very Important Poopall hahah) next door is sorry.